With the Christmas countdown officially started, we’re here to bring you a holiday drink recipe that’s easy to make and is a Puerto Rican classic – Coquito! This tasty twist on the fundamental eggnog drink is a treat for your taste buds. Looking to make homemade gifts or to entertain? Consider making this easy-peasy Coquito recipe. If a dazzling and enchantingly effortless drink is something you’re after, read on.
First though, what is Coquito? This drink is often referred to as the eggnog of Puerto Rico. Coquito means “little coconut” in Spanish. It’s a coconut-based drink that’s creamily delicious and when spiked with rum it’s a winner. Let’s face it, the holiday season is brief, so add this to your drink line up in place of regular old eggnog and you’ll be kicking up your drink game to the next level of YUM! If you want a family friendly drink then simply leave out the rum! It’s still delicious.
- Two egg yolks beaten
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz. can cream of coconut
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine the egg yolks and evaporated milk in the top of a double boiler and bring the water in the double boiler to a simmer. Cook over the simmering water, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens or to 160 degrees (F) temperature.
- Pour mixture in a blender, then add the remaining ingredients: cream of coconut, sweetened condensed milk, water, rum, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves. Blend until well combined roughly 30 to 60 seconds.
- Pour into sterilized glass bottles. Chill for about 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to a month.
- Label with a custom Coquito label for gifts.
Printable Coquito Recipe
The holiday season is a time for making, drinking, and giving festive beverages. While you might think that eggnog is the top pick for homemade holiday beverages, Coquito, as it turns out, is right up there; another reason to make your holiday Coquito gift shine with your own Coquito labels. How do you do that? Choose a Christmas theme label you like and modify it by changing the words to your own. Any label you take a fancy to can be your own Coquito label. All you need to do is change the text. OR, you can do like Shirley from Shirley’s Coquito and upload your own label design. Her Coquito is famous in the state of New Jersey as well as New York. Hear all about the recipe she uses and the rest of her story here.
We’re not talking eggnog from the grocery store here, folks, We’re talking traditional Puerto Rican Coquito for the holidays. Something with a little kick! Use this Coquito label template to add a personalized label to gifts. Order just one or as many as you need.
For individual custom party favors these mini bottles are what you’re looking for. Find similar bottles here on Amazon. Then add a custom circle sticker for a wow factor.
This drink is seasonal, so whip some up while you can, then get your Coquito labels here. We ship them out in two business days so you’ll have them in time for the holidays. If you need assistance we’re available on live chat M – F, 9 am to 3 pm Pacific time or leave a message in the comment section.