Here at Bottle Your Brand, we have the pleasure of helping many brides, grooms, and families design bachelorette party favors. We’ve helped couples design labels to commemorate their engagements, weddings, and even first children, and it’s always a joy to help make these special events memorable.
For your enjoyment, here are some fun trivia facts that we’ve collected over the years:
- One of the earliest examples we have of an engagement ring was given to Princess Mary, daughter of Henry VIII. She was two years old at the time.
- Ancient Spartan soldiers are credited with starting the tradition of throwing “stag parties” (AKA bachelor parties) in order to send their friends off into matrimony with rowdy parties.
- Around 70% of brides wear a traditional diamond ring on the fourth finger of their left hands.
- A sapphire wedding ring is said to mean marital happiness in the symbolic language of jewels. A pearl is said to be bad luck because its shape looks like a tear.
- 80% of brides plan formal weddings.
- The average number of bridesmaids in a wedding party is four.
- The number of guests at the average American wedding is 189.
- The most popular month to get married is August (10.2% of weddings) with June coming in close behind (9.9% of weddings.)
- The “something blue” portion of the wedding ensemble is said to symbolize purity, fidelity, and love.
- In Christian ceremonies, the bride stands to the left of the groom because, during the time in which the tradition started, the groom needed to keep his right arm free in order to fend off other suitors.
Do you know of other wedding traditions? Feel free to share in the comments section!