Highlight your engagement photos and share them with friends and family by turning them into wine labels. If you’re looking for an engagement announcement idea, it’s okay to veer from tradition and replace paper cards with a personalized, curated announcement that feels exactly like the two of you. Know that your journey through the wedding planning process is uniquely your own when you incorporate an idea that breaks the standard wedding mold.
If you’re not sure where to start let us help you through the process step by step. You’ll discover making this personalized wine bottle is an adventure you’ll enjoy. Place these photo wine labels on your favorite wines and celebrate your engagement in style.
How to Make an Engagement Photo Wine Label Step-by-Step
- Choose a high quality, high resolution digital file from your engagement photos. The resolution must be at least 300 pixels per inch. Ask your photographer for the file and permission to use it for this purpose. Some photographers have restrictions, and some are very open to how you use the photos.
- Determine if your photo is portrait or landscape orientation. “Landscape orientation refers to horizontal subjects or a canvas wider than it is tall. Portrait format refers to a vertical orientation or a canvas taller than it is wide.” Choose the orientation that will present your photo without leaving white spaces on the edges of your labels. Your photo should fill the entire canvas beyond the red dashes which is where the label is cut.
- Decide what label size you need for your wine bottle. This post has recommendations by bottle style and shape. Our standard wine label size is 3.5 inches wide by 4 inches high. The large wine label size is 4 inches wide by 6 inches high or 6 inches wide by 4 inches high. There are other sizes found on the Make Your Own page.
- Upload your photo into the online designer. Do this by choosing the ADD IMAGE tool in the design studio. Move the photo by dragging and dropping it until you get the look you want.
- Choose the words you want to use and select a font style. Then type in the words. Adjust the font size and color by selecting the font and referring to the Text Options tool bar. Use the Element Alignment tool to center or line up your text.
TIP: Make sure there is plenty of contrast between the photo and text color so the text is readable.
Portrait Orientation Photo Transformed into a Wine Label
Landscape Orientation Photo Transformed into a Wine Label
TIP: Your photo should fill the entire canvas and bleed through the cut lines so there are no white spaces on the edges of your wine label.
Create a Photo Wine Label from Scratch
Do you have an idea for the design of your engagement wine label, but don’t have a graphics program to make it? Do you want to match your wedding theme? No problem. Use our online designer and create the label of your dreams. Depending on which size or orientation you need, start on this page to begin.
TIP: If your photo looks blurry when you upload it, then it will print blurry. Make sure your photo is high resolution, 300 pixels per inch, so it prints nice and sharp.
Create a Photo Wine Label Using a Template
Don’t have a creative bone in your body? Can’t think of a design for your engagement wine label? Use one of our pre-made backgrounds here and add your photo and words.
If you have questions or want to share your engagement photo wine label please use the comments section below. We’re available to answer questions via Live Chat M-F 9 am to 3 pm Pacific time or email us at info at bottleyourbrand dot com.
Leave a Reply