[singlepic id=143 w=160 h=240 float=center]It’s hot! Unless you’re one of the penguins in Antarctica, you’re probably wondering how to cool off in all this heat. It’s pretty easy to stay comfortable during the summer if you know a few tips and tricks, so read on, take some notes, and don’t forget: Summer only lasts a little while, so enjoy that good weather while you can!
Here are some tips to help you stay cool:
- The number one most important thing to remember about staying cool is to stay hydrated. Most people can stay healthy and reasonably cool so long as they’re drinking plenty of cold water. Stay away from sugary or caffeinated drinks, as those will dehydrate you! If you’re planning an event this summer, make sure to stock up on cold water for your participants; it’s the best way to ensure everyone feels great and has fun. We offer personalized spring water with bright, eye-catching labels, so if you want to put a little pizazz in your event, this is a great option for you!
- Have fun with your food. Buy a cucumber and stick it in the refrigerator. Once it’s cold, slice it thin and then apply the cucumber slices to your eyes, your forehead, and cheeks. Relax, sip a cold beverage, and maybe snack on a little cucumber salad. You’ll feel like royalty!
- Wrap ice cubes in a washcloth and hold it on pressure points. Hold it between your wrists, behind your neck, and on your cheeks and forehead and before you know it you’ll feel like a new person!
- Eat cold food. Snack on some ice cream, have a salad, drink a smoothie, anything cold that passes between your lips will help cool you down.
- Be strategic about your windows. Draw the shades and shut the blinds and curtains during the day to keep the sunlight from heating up your house. Then, when the temperature outside is cooler than the temperature inside, open your windows and blinds and let that cool night air inside. Your house might not be as cool as it would be with air conditioning, but it’ll stay cooler than it would be with the windows open!
What about you? Do you have any tips or tricks for surviving the swelter?