One of the great things about party planning is making favors for everyone to enjoy. Mini bottles by Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider are a favorite of young and old alike because they offer the fizz and sparkle of Champagne without the alcohol. This post will show you step-by-step how to label mini sparkling cider bottles with custom party labels, including how to remove existing labels and how to choose the correct label size.
What is a Mini Cider Bottle?
What is a mini Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider bottle like? These delightful small bottles of carbonated cider are 8.4 fl. oz. They’re the perfect size for table settings and make dazzling party favors. They are green glass bottles which are 7.5 inches tall with a circumference of 7.375 inches (around). The bottle has a white foil protective sleeve covering the bottle cap known as a “capsule.” These bottles come with twist off bottle caps. Find them in shrink wrapped packs of six bottles at the grocer’s or beverage store. The label that comes on the bottle is 4.25 inches wide by 2.125 inches high, but in this post I’ll list what other size labels fit on this fun-sized bottle.
What Labels Fit Mini Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider Bottles?
We have several labels that fit mini cider bottles. The options depend on whether you want to place a new label over the old one, or if you want to soak off the labels before you put on your new custom labels. It also depends on what look you’re going for.
The label sizes to choose from are:
- Water bottle label – 8.25″ x 1.75″ OR 8″ x 2.125″
- Mini wine label – 3″ wide by 2″ high
- Circle Sticker – 2.5″
Read more to find out the label size choices and to see a photo of what each one looks like on the mini bottle.
To Cover the Existing Label What Size Do I Order?
If your guest list is large and there are a lot of bottles to label then placing a custom label over the existing label may be the best choice for you. The recommended label size wraps around the bottle with no gap in the back. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Choose a water bottle label sized 8 x 2.125 from our selection of pre-made designs and edit the words to fit your event. You can also make a completely custom label from scratch starting here.
- When your labels arrive, peel away the protective backing on the new label and apply to your bottles. This new label is an exact fit to the height of the old label but it wraps around the bottle and overlaps roughly 5/8 of an inch.
- Make sure to match the new label to the one on the bottle from the top edge to the bottom edge. Press firmly with your fingers (not your fingernails) on the overlapping seam in the back.
To Remove the Existing Label and Start Fresh What Label Size Do I Order?
When you soak off the labels you have a blank bottle to work with and four size options for labels. See below for what each size label looks like on the bottle.
How to Remove Labels from Mini Sparkling Cider Bottles:
- Fill a sink or large plastic tub with warm (not hot) soapy water to just above the top of the label. Let the labels soak for at least one hour.
- Remove the bottles one at time and peel off as much of the label as you can using your fingers or a plastic scraper. Remove any residue with a scrubber sponge like the one in the photo.
- Dry the bottles completely. Make sure there’s no soap residue, glue remover, or lotion from your hands on the area where the label is to be applied. Also, make sure the bottles are room temperature and not straight from the refrigerator.
If you have questions about ordering mini sparkling cider labels please post in the comments section or Live Chat with us Monday through Friday, 9 am to 3 pm Pacific time.