Let the party planning begin! These gable boxes make the perfect Christmas party favors and are guaranteed to make a festive place setting. I discovered these gable boxes cruising through the party department at Target recently. At a price of $1 for three boxes I couldn’t pass up the bargain, figuring to share them with you, dear readers. Don’t you think adding a custom gift tag sticker, and filling with truffles or homemade tea cookies is the perfect way to put these favor boxes to use? They make a delightful, inexpensive gift to give holiday guests. These boxes are 5 1/16 in L x 2 1/2 in W x 4 in H. Three colors were available the day I was at Target; navy blue, turquoise and burgundy red.
I used materials on hand from my craft stash, along with BottleYourBrand‘s Holiday Gift Tag Stickers. For very little money and time the result was amazing.
Here are the materials I had to work with:
- Mini-Christmas bulb
- Colored Hemp Twine
- Washi Tape
- Dotted Tulle
- Custom Gift Tag Stickers
Here are the steps to making the navy blue favor box with a mini-bulb:
- Customize and order this gift tag sticker.
- Measure around the width of the gable box and cut a length of ribbon one/half inch longer than the width.
- Wrap the ribbon around the center of the box and using double-sided tape attach the ends of the ribbon to the box and to each other on the back of the box.
- Place the gift tag sticker in the center of the front of the box.
- Fill your box with the treat or gift you’ve chosen.
- Next, tie a bow with the ribbon and using floral wire attach the bulb to the bow. Tie the bow to the box handle with a small length of ribbon.
Here’s a photo of the result:
The next favor box is decorated with colored raffia and hemp twine. These were purchased at World Market. If you’re not sure how to tie a raffia bow there are many videos on YouTube that are helpful. The gift tag sticker we used is HoHoHo.
- Order your custom sticker from Bottle Your Brand.
- Take a long length of twine and wrap around the favor box twice. Tie a shoestring bow in the middle of the box. This bow will be on the back of the favor box.
- Turn the box around and separate the strands of wine to form a wide gap on both sides of the box forming an X with the twine.
- Place the gift tag sticker in the center of the X formed by the colored twine.
- Fill your favor box with the treat of your choice. We used Godiva Truffles.
- Tie the raffia ribbon to the handle of the box.
Here’s the result:
Our final party favor, the turquoise gable box, takes just a bit more time, but it’s worth it. This favor is decorated with our Holiday Gift sticker and a dotted tulle mini pom-pom. Since pom poms seem to be popping up everywhere, why not on favors at your Christmas party?
- Order your custom sticker from Bottle Your Brand
- Take your Washi tape and wrap length-wise around the middle of the box. Cut the tape in the center of the back of the box and overlap the edges.
- Next, starting at the bottom of the handle opening, place the tape around the box height-wise and meet at the back of the box under the handle opening.
- Place your custom gift tag sticker in the middle of the front of the box where the tape forms a cross.
- Fill your box with homemade cookies or whatever you plan to give. We used small lemon tea cookies. Yummy!
- Next, make a tulle mini-pom pom. This looks time consuming, but it’s really quick and easy. Check out YouTube for tutorials and step-by-step instructions.
- Tie your pom pom to the box with baker’s twine or a piece of floral wire.
Here is the finished result for the Mini-Pom Pom Favor Box.
I’ve always been a fan of giving favors at parties, but especially at Christmas. If you decide to give these favor ideas a try let us know the result. We’d love to see photos as well. Simply email to [email protected].
Look for more unique gift ideas using custom stickers and labels in upcoming posts. Happy Holidays!