Today I want to share a super cute favor idea for graduation parties. It’s a personalized bottle with a graduation topper for soda, beer, or wine bottles. I’ll show you how to make it with your graduate’s school mascot or logo. This also makes a great favor for tailgating parties and it’s also a lot of fun to make. It only takes cutting and tracing skills so anyone can assemble this favor.
First, you’ll want to make custom stickers with the logo of your graduate. How do you get the logo you ask? Simple, do am image search on the web for the logo, then save it and download it to your device. Be sure to watch this video on how to download a logo.
How to Download a Logo From Search
- Do an image search to locate your school mascot or logo. JPG or PNG files work best with BYB’s online design studio. The larger the file size of your mascot or logo the better. Tiny files print blurry. PNG files give you a transparent background so you can add a background color to your sticker if you like.
- Right click on the file you want to save.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Go to this page and select the label shape, size, and quantity.
- Click the Customize button and now you are in the design studio.
- Click Add Image on the left nav bar.
- Search your files and select the file you saved, click OPEN.
- When the file uploads click on it to select it and drag the corner to the size you need while holding down on the mouse.
- Click Add Text on the left and start typing your message in the box.
- Select the text and on the right in the Text Options tool bar select the Font Family and adjust the font size. You can also choose the text color to coordinate with the logo or mascot.
- Cardstock or scrapbooking paper size 8.5 x 11 inches in your school colors or better yet with your school logo or mascot. Our local scrapbooking store stocks craft paper with area college logos.
- Patterned or colored straws
- Decorative Pom-poms (found ours at Michaels)
- Double-sided tape.
- Bakers twine
- Craft glue
- Print out the PDF pattern provided below by clicking on the link. Trace the pattern on the cardstock or scrapbooking paper. Tip: Trace on the backside of the paper so your tracing marks don’t show.
- Cut out the topper. For an even “craftier” look use scissors that cut a pattern, like pinking shears or scallops.
- Place your custom circle sticker with the school logo from Bottle Your Brand on the center of the cone template.
- Form the cutout into a cone matching the bottom edge, then secure the overlap with double sided tape.
- Glue a pom-pom on the top of the hat. Use glue liberally!
- Attach the colored drinking straw to the base of the soda bottle with baker’s twine using a simple bow knot. Secure tightly.
- Place the topper on the bottle. You’re done!
I stumbled upon this scrapbooking paper at a local craft store. They stock paper with mascots from various nearby state universities. For those of you in a hurry to create a graduation favor and don’t have time to order a custom sticker, this is a great alternative for making your favors quickly. Trace the hat template on the back side of the scrapbooking paper and cut out. Follow the rest of the steps to finish the bottle toppers. These toppers fit many types of bottles from water bottles to soda bottles. It’s an easy way to make your party look exceptionally festive.
Finish the Look with a Personalized Label
To complete the look of your graduation favor you’ll want to add a custom bottle label with the graduate’s photo. To create a custom bottle label, like a soda label, water bottle label, or beer label, simply choose one of our graduation templates and upload a photo into the online designer the same way you added the logo. All of our labels are waterproof so the bottles can be kept cool in the fridge until it’s time to take them out and add the custom favor topper. This is one graduation favor everyone will remember! I’ll bet the bottles are taken home as keepsakes once the party is over.
If you need help making a graduation favor either with a mascot, school logo, or photo, feel free to chat with us online or email us at info at bottleyourbrand.com.