Easter is quickly approaching – have you thought about what you’re going to do to celebrate this year? We’ve been busy looking for Easter inspiration this week – party, favor, invitation and decoration ideas, and then we found these Bunny Brownies over at the No Fuss Fabulous blog.
These would make a fabulous personalized gift or party favor for your Easter celebration this year, and they’re so adorable, we’re pretty sure you’re guests would love them – and the thought and work you put into making them. Check out the recipe below, find a cute jar to hold all the ingredients, and then all you have to do is get some custom labels (we know a little bit about that, just sayin’) – change the name, add your name, whatever you can think of to make it personal and custom. Happy Easter!
Ingredients and Directions:
1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 qt jar.
3. Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.
4. Press them up against the glass, but don’t squash them.
5. Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.
6. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M’s.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M’s, gently pressing with a spoon.
Note from No Fuss Fabulous: I nixed the direction and instead I placed my M&M’s on the bottom as I had seen other women do in the past. I also used Wilton’s decorator disposable bags to hold my graham cracker crumbs in. The triangle shape of the decorator bag makes it easy to fold over even a wide mouth mason jar keeping the crumbs from ruining your perfect layered look. The decorator bag is also nice to use because it keeps the bulk of the graham cracker ingredients at the top of the jar, again giving it a nice layered look.
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9″ square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
(Makes 9 to 12 bars.)
*Option – leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.