Stuck for wedding favor ideas? Why not try this adorable DIY wedding favor idea?[singlepic id=101 w=160 h=240 float=center]
We put this fun favor together using easy-to-find materials and it was recently featured on the Style Me Pretty Blog! Here’s how to make it:
- 1 small glass jar with cork (purchased from Michael’s for $.99)
- 1 3 litre container of extra virgin olive oil (purchased from Cost Plus World Market for $24.99)
- 1 2.25 oz packet of Italian Seasoning (purchased from Cost Plus World Market for $1.99)
- 80 foot spool of raffia (purchased from Cost Plus World Market for $1.99)
- 30 custom labels (1 sheet of large water bottle labels purchased from Bottle Your Brand for $9.99)
- We adapted a wine label design from Bottle Your Brand to fit onto a large water bottle label. We were able to fit three small labels (measuring 2.125” W by 2.062” H) onto one large water bottle label (measuring 2.125” H by 8.062” W) by turning the design sideways and stacking them. After the labels were printed, we used a paper-cutter to trim the large water bottle label down to the three small labels. We were able to get three small labels out of one large water bottle label.
- Put 1 ¼ tsp of Italian Seasoning into the empty bottle. Using a small funnel, fill the rest of the bottle with extra virgin olive oil. The small bottle we bought from Michael’s used about three ounces of olive oil to fill. Insert the cork.
- Peel the protective backing off the small custom label, and apply to the bottle. If the bottle gets olive oil on it, we found that using Windex is a great way to clean the bottle off so that the label will stay on! We picked a three-sided bottle so that the label would have a nice flat surface to sit on.
- Measure out 12 inches of raffia and loop twice around the neck of the bottle. Tie a simple double knot, then trim the edges so that they are even at a length you think looks nice.
If you were to make 50 favors (one per couple) you would end up spending less than $2.30/favor for a completely custom, adorable DIY favor!
If you have any questions about adapting any of our designs to fit other sizes please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ve seen customers do some amazingly creative things with our designs and label sizes and we’re always happy to help!