Surviving a bachelorette party calls for some serious planning. If you’re a bridesmaid or maid of honor in charge of the last-fling-before-the-ring you’ll want to create the ultimate bachelorette survival kit. So what should you include in this kit? We’ve a few ideas for you, and of course they include custom made stickers!
This featured DIY survival kit was created by our very own BYB staff member Rachelle, who knows a thing or two about girls night out. Since one never knows what might happen when the ladies get together for a serious throw down, I relied on her to guide me through the assembly process. She created this DIY Bachelorette survival kit for her friend’s pre-nuptial party.
Here’s what you’ll need to decorate the box.
Rachelle chose what is called a “basket box” in a chocolate brown color to hold the contents of her survival kit. She made a custom sticker, found coordinating ribbons, then tied it all up with dotted tulle to make it stunning. This cute little box was purchased at a local packaging specialties store. The custom sticker was made in our design studio.
- 4″ w x 3″ h custom label for box
- Custom water bottle label
- 3″ w x 2″ h custom label for shot bottle
- Spool of 6 inch wide dotted tulle
- Spool of 5/8 inch ribbon
- Spool of 1 1/2 inch satin ribbon
- Mini ribbon flowers
- Basket box 9″ x 5″ x 7 1/2″
- Glue gun
- Tissue paper
- Bottled water with a personalized label. Hydration is key to keeping the girls feeling great after a few rounds of drinks. This bottled water included a personalized water bottle label. For every drink of alcohol one should drink at least one-half bottle of water or more. So keep some extra water bottles on hand if possible, or order water between drinks.
- A package of Tylenol. With this packet and the bottled water who needs the hair o’ the dog the next day? Head off the hangover before it strikes. The bride is sure to thank you for your thoughtfulness.
- Ring Pops. Just for fun throw in some candy in the shape of an engagement ring.
- Lip Gloss. Can’t have chapped lips on a big night out.
- Nail file. Oh snap! What if the bride breaks a nail during the revelry? No worries, a fancy emery board with glitter pattern is included in this survival kit. This file is great for traveling.
- Mints. A quick refresher or pick me up is a nice touch. These tiny mints are perfect for just that.
- Gum. Everyone will be grateful for this the next morning. Right?
- Mini Shot Bottle. We all know this could be a bad idea…but oh so right for this night. And look at the teensy weensy bridal veil added to the bottle lid. It’s made with tulle, a ribbon flower and a quick touch of the hot glue gun. You know you want to try this idea. Add a 3 inch x 2 inch custom label for the final touch and it’s a party favor everyone will want to make.
- Eye Mask. Most of the night will be spent partying, but as soon as it’s time to get those essential hours of sleep this mask will come in handy. Especially if there’s an airplane or train trip back home. The ladies will find this mask essential on other occasions as well.
The mini-shot bottles were personalized with a fun message on a custom label.
A small length of the dotted tulle was cut and gathered at one end then glued to a ribbon flower to make a mini bridal veil. A hot glue gun was used to glue the veil to the bottle lid.
Before the contents were placed in the box it was lined with hot pink tissue paper.
Next a length of the dotted tulle was cut and place inside the box leaving plenty of tulle on either end to tie together. Rachelle arranged the items in the box with the heaviest item(s) in the center to give it balance and also to have an anchor for tying the ribbons. The final step; take a length of each ribbon, the dotted 5/8 inch and the satin 1 1/2 inch and place underneath the box with a length of the ribbon on either end. Pick up all three ribbons, the tulle, dotted ribbon and satin ribbon together above the center of the box and secure with a length of narrow ribbon and then make a fancy bow. Add your custom sticker over the ribbons on the outside of the box. Your personalized survival kit is complete.
Get ready for all the ooohs and aaahs when the ladies see the treat you’ve prepared for them. The bride will be delighted she chose you to be a part of her special day when she’s presented with this DIY bachelorette party favor.
If you need some help creating personalized labels for a bachelorette survival kit send us an email; firstname.lastname@example.org.